Beijing, May 18 (Xinhua-ANI): U.S. stocks bounced back on Friday to end the week for a fourth straight gain, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average and S and P 500 closing at all-time highs. The blue-chip Dow surged 121.18 points, or 0.80 percent, to 15, 354.40 points. The broader S and P 500 soared 15.65 points, or 0.95 percent, to 1,666.12 points. The tech-rich Nasdaq Composite leapt 33.73 ...
A few months ago, word spread that the twins, Cameron and Tyler, had set up their own investment firm and decided to focus on a curious market niche: ...
Investing.com - U.S. stocks opened higher on Friday, as investors awaited the release of U.S. economic data later in the day, although earlier comments by a regional Federal Reserve chairman added to expectations for a near-term end to the U.S. central bank's asset buying program. During early U.S. trade, the Dow Jones Industrial Average added 0.15%, the S&P 500 index rose ...
Sat 18 May 2013 LONDON (SHARECAST) - - Benchmarks register fourth weekly gain - S&P and Dow at all-time highs - Uni of Michigan index and Leading Indicators beat forecasts Dow Jones: 0.79% Nasdaq: 0.97% S&P 500: 1.0% Stocks continued to set new highs on Friday with the Dow Jones and S&P 500 benchmarks reaching fresh record closing prices after sentiment was lifted ...
Trading in the shares of the $45.15 billion company plunged to trade at 1 cent per share shortly before markets closed on Friday. The stock gained back its losses and closed up 2.5 pct $90.03 on the New York Stock ...
58.1°F Light Rain
The Good Shepherd
In reviewing Robert Redfords somber Oscar winner Ordinary People (1980), Pauline Kael theorized that, when popular actors turn to directing, they feel the need to choose material as a penance for the frivolous good times theyve given us. While no one would accuse Robert De ... ...
Tableau Software Inc., a Seattle provider of business analytics software, opened for trading today on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol DATA after its initial public offering. The company's stock opened at $47, up 52 percent from the $31 offer price. GETCO Securities is the designated market maker for Tableau's stock. Tableau CEO and co-founder Christian ...
stock market averages move higher. Since 1896, the Dow Jones Industrial Average has gained an average of 7.45% a year. In any given year, the return can be dramatically different than the average. The largest annual gain in the Dow was 82% in 1915 and the largest loss was 53% in 1931. Over two-year periods, we see the same pattern. The average gain over a two-year period is 14.91%, twice the ...
* JPMorgan lifts S&P 500 year-end target to 1,715 * Nasdaq closes at highest since October 2000 * JCPenney shares drop after earnings * Tableau Software surges in first day of trade * Dow up 0.8 percent, S&P 500 up 1 percent, Nasdaq up 1 percent ...
US stocks closed out another week of new record highs on Friday as investors focused on the positive side of mixed economic news and corporate earnings. Retail sales barely budged higher in April and jobless claims rose, but permits to build housing soared and consumer inflation remained tame, data showed. A pair of better-than-expected reports on Friday - on consumer confidence and the economic ...
NEW YORK, N.Y. - Encouraging news about the U.S. economy is extending the stock market's rally. U.S. stock indexes rose for the fourth week in a row and are at record levels. A gauge of future economic activity rose more than analysts had expected, as did a measure of consumer confidence. The Dow Jones industrial average rose 121 points to close at 15,354 Friday, an increase of 0.8 per ...
He is the most evil, vile, demonic criminal. He is dead to me. There will be no visits, there will be no phone calls. He can never be Daddy again. I have no sympathy for the man.
Gregg was speaking about her father Ariel Castro who allegedly kidnapped, raped and held captive for a decade, three young women in Cleveland, Ohio.
The Helmsley Park Lane, New York
The best feature of this hotel is its location, overlooking Central Park in the heart of Manhattan. The hotel also ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, who is 84, is being retried in Cairo. Do you believe this is a good thing?
Philadelphia HeraldPhiladelphia Herald | Philadelpia, Pa Online Newspaper
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Philadelphia news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Philadelphia Herald is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Philadelphia.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Philadelphia weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Philadelphia Herald is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Union Human Resource and Development (HRD) Minister M.M. Pallam Raju would be on a five-day visit to Washington DC, Philadelphia and Boston beginning on May 13 for dialogue on higher education.
"This a continuation of India-US higher education dialogue which was initiated in 2009 after the Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh's visit to the US during the same year, " Pallam Raju told the media here today.
This visit is the follow up of the Obama-Singh initiative taken on higher education. The focus of the visit would be on strengthening and enhancing higher education initiatives- 8 projects have been identified under this initiative. Strategic dialogue on higher education would take place. The visit will also cover school education and skill development sector.
Pallam Raju also discussed 'Connect to India' programme where US students will be coming and joining higher research institutes in India. The visit will also focus on exchange of faculty and development of faculty.
The Government has also initiated a scheme through University Grants Commission (UGC) to sponsor Indian researchers at the Post-Doctoral level and the first batch of 126 Indian scholars is ready to go to the US Institutions for post-doctoral research. ...
- Dow S and P set record highs log 4-week winning streak
- The Winklevoss twins are Bitcoin bulls
- U.S. stocks higher ahead of data Dow Jones up 0.15
- US close Benchmarks set new records after economic data
- NYSE cancels irregular trades in Anadarko stock Bloomberg
- Missile launched from North Korea
- Mobile phones can be tracked says US judge
- Sex assaults convince top general to take action
- Multi-million dollar cigarette smuggling ring with terror links busted
- Dzhokhar Tsarnaev scribbled note in boat as munhunt was on
- Cardinals sign rookie LB Minter
- Chiefs hire pistol expert Ault as consultant
- Ex-Jacksonville WR Jimmy Smith serving prison term
- Steelers youth football events focus on safety
- Bears add Fields Irvin Tupou Jones
- SUV crash survival more likely
- Famous New York artists bring huge prices
- Microsoft warns about rise in computer viruses worldwide
- China Housing Bubble Cools But Prices Still Higher
- Best Airports In The World
- In our opinion Frances B. Monsons unwavering legacy of service
- Editorial Upgrade protections of digital records
- Editorial Preschool benefits trickle up
- Blocking Syrian Refugees Isn’t the Way
- Is This the Most Disgusting Atrocity Filmed in the Syrian Civil War
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Philadelphia Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Community gathers to watch students step out in style at Montgomery County High School prom
- McInerney Scores To Lead Union Over Fire 1-0
- Kobe Bryant told Michael Jordan he could kick his as one on one
- Once hailed a hero ex-Philly cop faces charges
- Man Struck By Train In Delaware County